Any video about doing Optimum Polish, PoliSeal with Rotary

I will be adding more videos in the tutorial section but time having the spare time to do that is difficult when you have clients constantly wanting stuff done.....not just detail work but stuff like picking their cars up, dropping cars off, finding them new wheels, making appointments for them, etc.

As soon as I can though I'll get some more up.

Anthony

With that picture it's kind of tough to see what's going on. My initial impressions are that you are using too much polish though and it isn't properly broken down. When you tried to wipe the residue off was it pretty easy to do so or did the polish seem to want to stick to the surface?

the polish sticked to the surface and hard to buff off...is it because the speed is too high?

Nope, what that means is that the polish wasn't broken down well enough. This could have either come from using too much product for that area or not working it until the polish had completely broken down. I've never used the Flex R.O. so I can't give you any guidelines from experience for a general estimate in terms of how long this will take. Best way for me to describe how to recognize when the polish is broken down is it will go from that initially sort of milky color to almost clear/translucent. When it reaches this state it will also be a cinch to wipe off the surface.

For a 2x2 section I use 3-4 drops (pea-sized) with a rotary initially and then 2-3 after the pad is primed. Check out the picture Bence posted in the thread below to get a better idea of just how little you should use:

http://optimumforums.org/index.php?showtopic=655

If you've got any other questions feel free to ask. Hope this helps.

Charlie

Thanks a lot for the explanation Charlie. I am using flex 3403 which is a rotary as well..sometime this week i will try once more to use OP with 3403. using the OPS is not a problem for me but it can't correct swirls, what pad do you usually use for OPS?

Thanks a lot for the explanation Charlie. I am using flex 3403 which is a rotary as well..sometime this week i will try once more to use OP with 3403. using the OPS is not a problem for me but it can't correct swirls, what pad do you usually use for OPS?

If I see or hear the word "flex" and my mind immediately thinks of their R.O. machine, sorry about that. For I've used Optimum Polish with everything from an LC purple foamed wool pad to a black pad. Pad choice really depends on the severity of the defects and the paint characteristics. For my test sections I normally start with OP on a white pad and move up from there to more aggressive pads. If you're relatively new to the rotary I'd highly suggest downloading and reading "Dave KG"s rotary polishing guide, it's got a couple of small typos but the information contained in those pages is gold. Here's a link:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/imag...rypolishing.pdf

no worries charlie...yeah I have been trying and trying to use OP n flex 3403..and now i know how it happened...i used too much and i used it with too high rpms 1600, so the OP dried up....thanks for your assistance charlie..I really appreciate it :)

Archived