Uh-oh...OC 2.0 Thickened in Syringe

I usually only use this on wheels, so I use small amounts and recap it. Last time I used it was in the fall. Maybe I left too much air in it or didn't get the cap tight enough (some crust in the threads), but when I went to use it this morning, it was kind of more like a thin gel.

I'm not sure if I just created a batch of OC Pro (thicker coating--ha!), or whether this is still usable. Or is this just what happens when OC 2.0 gets old?

Thanks Chris, it's still sticky/smeary on the surface, after 12 hours. What is the shelf life if it's purged/tightly capped? I thought I was very careful with it but as I noted I had some crust in the threads and it may be the cap wasn't as tight as I thought it was.

• 4 weeks later...

when i use these syringes, after i remove the black cap, i take the edge of a paper towel, roll it between my fingers to create a thin, pointy piece and stick that in the cap, threaded area and all, to remove all residual liquid. sometimes you have to jam it in a bit at different angles to sop everything up in the crevices and threads. then, after use, after i remove the blue tip, i do the same thing with some paper towel and stick it in the threaded area of the syringe to suck up anything that might have leaked into there during use. then, i slowly push the plunger until the fluid level is just about at the end of the clear "nub" and carefully screw the black cap back on. you can screw it on pretty tight without worries. if any fluid gets in the threaded area when i'm doing this, i clean it up again before putting the cap on. i know a little air in there is ok but i have had great luck getting almost all of the residual "air gap" out of the syringe prior to storage. i have an early edition syringe that has some left after a few years and it's still a-ok.

Archived