Riccardo Clay and Opti-Clay

Brent

Is Riccardo Clay rebranded Opti-Clay? Pics of them look the same and the description of Riccardo Clay sound almost identical to Opti-Clay.

I'd wonder if Opti wasn't rebranded Riccardo (or whatever mfg that is a rebrand of). If Riccardo was simply Opti-Clay you'd think there would be short supply since it's technically not available anymore?

I'd wonder if Opti wasn't rebranded Riccardo (or whatever mfg that is a rebrand of). If Riccardo was simply Opti-Clay you'd think there would be short supply since it's technically not available anymore?
It isn't available in the states or Japan, but eShine in Canada is legally selling it (in Canada). If I recall correctly Chris once mentioned that the manufacturer of his Riccardo Clay is located in the U.S. (they just can't sell it here). Just a bit of trivia, Chris named the clay "Riccardo" because it is his fathers name.
Is Riccardo Clay rebranded Opti-Clay?..........
They are similar elastic clays, but I have no idea if the same company made both. I was under the impression that the AM lawsuits put the other manufacturers like Eraser and Kucala out of business. Obviously there is at least one company still making it but I think Dr. G would be the only one able to answer if they also made Opti-Clay.

I wonder how many guys who want that clay are telling their wives, "ya know hun, maybe we should go to Canada this year on vacation." :tongue4[1]:

• 3 weeks later...
It isn't available in the states or Japan, but eShine in Canada is legally selling it (in Canada). If I recall correctly Chris once mentioned that the manufacturer of his Riccardo Clay is located in the U.S. (they just can't sell it here). Just a bit of trivia, Chris named the clay "Riccardo" because it is his fathers name.

They are similar elastic clays, but I have no idea if the same company made both. I was under the impression that the AM lawsuits put the other manufacturers like Eraser and Kucala out of business. Obviously there is at least one company still making it but I think Dr. G would be the only one able to answer if they also made Opti-Clay.

I wonder how many guys who want that clay are telling their wives, "ya know hun, maybe we should go to Canada this year on vacation." :rolleyes:

I know of at least one. :confused1[1]:

If I am correct, the makers of the Opti-clay can still make the clay but can only have sales of it outside the USA. This situation though is only temporary as I also believe the patents held by AM are on the running out.

I have a stash of the opti-clay under a concrete bunker :confused1[1]:

If I am correct, the makers of the Opti-clay can still make the clay but can only have sales of it outside the USA. This situation though is only temporary as I also believe the patents held by AM are on the running out.

I have a stash of the opti-clay under a concrete bunker :confused1[1]:

Do you know how soon they are running out?

I know of at least one. :confused1[1]:

Should you find yourself enjoying the nice Canadian weather this summer, be sure to pick up several bars for your ole buddy Brent/Bert31. He will be more than sure to make sure you are reimbursed.

Should you find yourself enjoying the nice Canadian weather this summer, be sure to pick up several bars for your ole buddy Brent/Bert31. He will be more than sure to make sure you are reimbursed.

Will do, man. :confused1[1]:

It'll be nice to see Opti-Clay back on the market.

Will do, man. :confused1[1]:

It'll be nice to see Opti-Clay back on the market.

Are you seriously thinking of heading up to Canada or just joking around. With you being a pilot, I am surprised you don't fly up there sometimes.

Are you seriously thinking of heading up to Canada or just joking around. With you being a pilot, I am surprised you don't fly up there sometimes.

At the airline I used to fly for, I had overnights in many Canadian cities every month. The airline I'm flying for now doesn't fly into Canada. :/

I'm thinking of seeing if I can get a couple cases, but if the patent is going to expire soon, maybe I'll hold off... Anthony, do you happen to know how long til they run out?

At the airline I used to fly for, I had overnights in many Canadian cities every month. The airline I'm flying for now doesn't fly into Canada. :/

Bummer

I'm thinking of seeing if I can get a couple cases,

oh, oh, oh, please say you will sell a few bars to your ol' buddy Brent!

but if the patent is going to expire soon, maybe I'll hold off... Anthony, do you happen to know how long til they run out?

I thought I read a post which said the patent doesn't end till 2013. Though Anthony's post makes me wonder.

I'm not sure of a specific date down to the minute but I remember Doctor G. making a comment or two regarding their expiring patents (which are flimsy and questionable to begin with but it takes big money to challenge that).

Besides, clay, as we know of it today, just might be old technology in the not so distant future. Although I must admit the Opti-clay is the finest clay I have ever used and it stinks that it can't be sold here state side. I will hold out as long as I can from buying anything by Auto Magic.

BOYCOTT AutoMagic!! :confused1[1]:

Anthony

I'm not sure of a specific date down to the minute but I remember Doctor G. making a comment or two regarding their expiring patents (which are flimsy and questionable to begin with but it takes big money to challenge that).

Besides, clay, as we know of it today, just might be old technology in the not so distant future. Although I must admit the Opti-clay is the finest clay I have ever used and it stinks that it can't be sold here state side. I will hold out as long as I can from buying anything by Auto Magic.

BOYCOTT AutoMagic!! :confused1[1]:

Anthony

Alright Anthony, don't tease us like this, tell us what you have heard is coming down the pipe soon which will make clay old technology!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The patent was filed July 28, 1993 and is good for 20 years. So only 5 years and 9 days until the patent runs out .... I do agree with the boycott on AM products :rock[1]: I really wouldn't mind if they made a quality product and those who like AM clay probably haven't tried the erazer elastic type clay and in that case they like AM because they can't miss what they don't know. The problem is that we all got spoiled with the Opti-clay and the other erazer clays and it is difficult to use an inferior product. Thankfully I also have a stash of the erazer yellow clay which is carefully being rationed :nasty[1]:

BOYCOTT AutoMagic!! :nasty[1]:

Anthony

Anthony O. What's coming in "the not so distant future"? If you don't tell, I'll ask the other guy.

Archived