Opt. Instant Detailer; New formula Leather Protectant and PoliSeal

I've slowly been trying a lot of the Optimum products one at a time; as each one I have tried has yet to let me down or be anything other than what it purports to be.

PoliSeal:

I often just need a touch up product with light cleaning abilities as well as light correction abilities. With approx. 1/2 the cut of Opt. Polish; AND being a light carnauba sealant to boot...this really fits the bill.

I highly suggest applying via machine to get the best results; I often use a PC w/LC Orange CCS pad. Works great all around.

Ease of application: 10...no fuss; no muss; NO dusting; reasonable work time by machine or hand; flashes nicely even in humid conditions.

Ease of removal: 10...once flashed (or if not) it wipes right off with minimal effort.

Effectiveness as a polish: 10 (for me) it does EXACTLY what I want it to do; cut out very light swirls

Shine: 8...once removed and buffed it has a look similar to many carnaubas and classic waxes on the market. Nice and warm with some wetness; excels on solid colors (red; yellow; orange; white esp.)

Protection/durability: 8...lasts on the shy side of 3 months on a vehicle that sits outside 24/7. Worked very well at preventing bonded contaminants and beade/shed water nicely and kept its 'look' throughout that timespan.

Leather Protectant:

Basically a re-scented and thickened version of the older OPP that I dearly loved. Doesn't spray as nicely as the old; but applies in the same manner and is easier to apply to leather; rubber and vinyl surfaces.

Easy to apply; leaves a perfect matte, non-greasy-non-messy finish; and now smells nicer! Still works well on interior plastics as well. If the old formula was in your arsenal as a favorite; don't be scared of the new formula (I was until I called the Dr.!)

OID:

This is my new after-wash and light touch up product for after-wash wipedowns. In short...I LOOOOVE IT!! I've never seen a QD that did so nicely. Does great on light dust; fingerprints; waterspots/streaks; and even on warm; borderline 'hot' surfaces WITHOUT streaking. Simply spray on/buff off and enjoy the LOOK! This is actually the first QD I've used that *significantly* adds to the look of the surface. Its also economical at its 3:1 dilution ration. Mix with Distilled water for best results.

Happy Detailing!

:dribble[1]::spoton[1]:

As always we love to hear the good reviews of Optimum products but we also want to hear what people feel needs to be improved upon and if there is a consensus of that issue with the majority then you can bet that Doctor G. is going to address those issues.

There are some updates and tweaks coming which have been in the works for a while so expect to see these soon.....along with the long awaited Optimum Coating. With these updates I believe that many of you will now utilize the entire Optimum line in your detailing, both pros and enthusiasts.

Great reviews Ryan, thanks.

Anthony

As always we love to hear the good reviews of Optimum products but we also want to hear what people feel needs to be improved upon and if there is a consensus of that issue with the majority then you can bet that Doctor G. is going to address those issues.

There are some updates and tweaks coming which have been in the works for a while so expect to see these soon.....along with the long awaited Optimum Coating. With these updates I believe that many of you will now utilize the entire Optimum line in your detailing, both pros and enthusiasts.

Great reviews Ryan, thanks.

Anthony

What tweaks to what products????

What tweaks to what products????

+1 When? I need to grab some gallons of ONR/PowerClean/OptiBond

• 2 weeks later...

I would think one of those products being tweaked is Poli-Seal being one of the products mentioned above.

Interesting to what they have done to it and rest of product lineup of course the new products coming out.

regards Rik

Archived