Poli-seal, Carnuba AND Poly????

Redwing

Please explain how your Poli-seal can have both carnuba and poly sealant combined in a single product. What makes this "hybrid" work?

It seems that this combination would compromise the effectiveness of either component and would result in a less robust product compared to a product line that was just one system. i.e., polymer based. In general, many believe that polymer sealants are more durable (time wise) than carnuba.

How can people be having success apply lsp's over the carnuba Poli-seal? It doesn't make sense.

I'm just asking for a little insight about Poli-Seal and why it might be better than other "AIO" products. Both as a stand alone and as a prep step prior to lsp.

Thank you.

Thank you for bringing up this question about wax-based products vs. sealant-based vs Poli-Seal that has both. Our testing has shown that while sealants last around 6 months, wax-based products last under 2 months. However, wax offers greater protection against acid rain, bird droppings, water spotting, etc. during its shorter life span.

When we combine Carnauba wax with sealant polymers there is a chemical reaction between the two products (Carnauba has carboxylic acid groups and the sealants we use have amine groups). This new polymer offers a balance of longevity and protection. This also ensures compatibility with both wax based lsps as well as sealants.

I hope this helps answer your question. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks again.

David,

Thank you very much for your prompt response. So, you are saying that the carnauba and polymer don't exist separate in the formulation, but chemically interact to form a new compound......fascinating. I know that many polymer types exist. While everyone talks of Klaase as being acrylic, it is actually old school acrylic polymer, correct?

Is the Poli-seal formulation unique to Optimum?

Could you please explain the mechanism in which wax protects better than sealants against acid rain, etc.?

Does the Poli Seal still go through a cross link curing process?

I just found a "local" distributor of Poli-seal, so I will be purchasing some soon to try it out.

Kudos for providing product technical expertise........a dying notion in our country.

In addition I would like to know if PolySeal is worthwhile using by hand as an AIO for a base that provides some mild cleaning and correcting similar to ZAIO?

"Thank you very much for your prompt response. So, you are saying that the carnauba and polymer don't exist separate in the formulation, but chemically interact to form a new compound......fascinating."

Yes.

"I know that many polymer types exist. While everyone talks of Klaase as being acrylic, it is actually old school acrylic polymer, correct?"

Yes, I believe that Klasse is based on acrylic polymers.

"Is the Poli-seal formulation unique to Optimum?"

Yes.

"Could you please explain the mechanism in which wax protects better than sealants against acid rain, etc.?"

Wax leaves multiple layers on the surface while sealants leave a mono molecular level that forms a homo-polymer by cross-linking and also bonds to the surface. Contaminants will be further removed from the surfaces that are protected with wax than with sealants. The layers of wax wear off over time while sealant stays bonded for a long time. By reacting wax into the sealant polymer, it would offer greater protection of wax for longer term.

"Does the Poli Seal still go through a cross link curing process?"

Yes.

"I just found a "local" distributor of Poli-seal, so I will be purchasing some soon to try it out."

I look forward to seeing your results with Poli-Seal on the forum.

"Kudos for providing product technical expertise........a dying notion in our country."[

My pleasure.

/quote]

In addition I would like to know if PolySeal is worthwhile using by hand as an AIO for a base that provides some mild cleaning and correcting similar to ZAIO?

Paul,

Poli-Seal is an AIO and does light correction and cleaning by hand.

Archived