Optimum Updates - Namely "X"

Anthony Orosco

Optimum's Product X is now in the final stages of design. With some feedback from myself and Ron plus some beta-testers Doctor G. has produced what we believe to be the final version and I should get the sample next week to try out and if all goes as expected it will be available shortly afterwards.

I call it "X" because even I don't know the name that Doctor G. has for it so for now it's just called X.

I'll report back on how the new beta X works out with a video of it in use.

Anthony

Is a paint decontamination system still being investigated by Optimum?

I got to try a late Beta version of the product on a very nasty car and results were least as good as ABC(did not have any on hand to directly compare) in about 1/3rd of the time.

I'm hoping to try and get another bottle from David to get some pictures this time.

I got to try a late Beta version of the product on a very nasty car and results were least as good as ABC(did not have any on hand to directly compare) in about 1/3rd of the time.

I'm hoping to try and get another bottle from David to get some pictures this time.

Amazing, I'm very excited for the product, especially considering I know the application style will be workable with ONR. Also nice that it can be used for say waterspots, etc.

anthony, i meant to post sooner, but my altima hood still beads relentlessly and the red 500sl still beads like the first day i applied it. I did get a stain on my hood that looked like ink that i had to buff off, but bugs, tar and the normal stuff just washes off. I love it! I haven't put it on anything else trying to conserve it till the release. I noticed the bottle swelling the other day and loosened the lid to vent. It seems to have bonded to the interior of the bottle a little, does it have a shelf life?

Yo dude,

I'm not sure of an exact shelf life for the coating but it's not like a can of wax or a bottle of polish in terms of longevity. Hence the reason for the smaller sizes. We are also looking at bottles and/or sprayers with an o-ring sealer to keep air out.

I'm glad you like the product so far! Try it on your wheels and see how you like it. You should notice that while brake dust still collects it washes away much easier and it will last for a long while because it's not broken down by heat as sealants and waxes are.

Anthony

• 2 months later...
Optimum's Product X is now in the final stages of design. With some feedback from myself and Ron plus some beta-testers Doctor G. has produced what we believe to be the final version and I should get the sample next week to try out and if all goes as expected it will be available shortly afterwards.

I call it "X" because even I don't know the name that Doctor G. has for it so for now it's just called X.

I'll report back on how the new beta X works out with a video of it in use.

Anthony

Any new news on Product X Anthony? (or anyone else in the know for that matter).

Outstanding. Hopefully this can be out in Early 2009 so it can be used for poster winter clean up jobs.

Product X is ready to go we are only waiting on the legal end of stuff to tie up.

It will be announced here the day it's ready to go.

Anthony

Thanks a ton Anthony, I can't wait to hear how the public buys into this product.

With it wrapping up, hopefully the decontamination product will be out in 6 months or so.

Archived