Optimum Updates - Namely "X"

Anthony Orosco

So is this coating deal something like a paint sealant or what is it I am confused? Any more updates on it? Is there any way I can try some out before its up for sale or how do some of you go about trying these products out before they are available to the public?

Sorry for all the questions. :spoton[1]:

So is this coating deal something like a paint sealant or what is it I am confused? Any more updates on it? Is there any way I can try some out before its up for sale or how do some of you go about trying these products out before they are available to the public?

Sorry for all the questions. :)

Opti-Coat is so close that I can almost taste it.....and actually Ron has tasted it! I believe all the legal issues have been resolved and the beta testers have all been giving back positive results.

We have had beta testers in Europe, Canada (covers the colder climates) and some down in the hot humid weather of the South (United States). We have a beta tester who repairs headlights give a :spoton[1]: to the coating, in fact he says it will replace what he was using prior to Opti-Coat.

Opti-Coat is not a sealant in the way of your traditional polymer sealant. Once applied Opti-Coat is pretty much permanent. It's durability is far greater than that of a traditional sealant. Most sealants last 3 to maybe 9 months depending on how the car is kept up after application. Opti-Coat will last more like 3 to 5 years and will will not be removed by normal car care (i.e. washing, drying, even tunnel washes). Opti-Coat can be removed by means of abrasion in the form of polishing, wet sanding and also through a stronger chemical means like PrepSol, perhaps. I tried to remove some the other day with straight 90% alcohol and it wouldn't budge. Only after several repeated attempts did it fully remove.

There will be no more samples given out. Doctor G. will be the sole seller of this product because it is literally made to order. There is no standing stock available.

I will soon re-open my on-line store but I won't be selling Opti-Coat nor do I have any knowledge of price at the moment.

Ron and I are always trying out new methods of application as this is the trickiest part and for this reason Doctor G. believes professionals only should be sold the product and as I stated he alone has the final say so in that.

Anthony

Ron and I are always trying out new methods of application as this is the trickiest part and for this reason Doctor G. believes professionals only should be sold the product

Anthony

Its the right decision because it would only take a couple of bodged applications and Optimums good name would be damaged.

I would never presume to tell you fellas your business but can`t help wondering if `X` should be marketed completely seperate from the rest of the Optimum range because it is going to be sold and used by professionals only.

And its a pity that a halfway product, ie an 18+ month sealant couldn`t have been produced for use by everyone.

Well it sure sounds good and I cant wait until it's out for sale. Hopefully I'm a professional! :spoton[1]: Reminds me of a hot rod shop I worked at. Before I painted a car if I were using a new product I would read the entire label before using. When it said "For Professional Use Only" I would go to the boss and tell him I cant use it. haha

• 2 weeks later...
Product X is ready to go we are only waiting on the legal end of stuff to tie up.

It will be announced here the day it's ready to go.

Anthony

I'm checking this forum like every day to see if it's been released! Very anxious to see this product get out into the hands of the Optimum users on here and hear more feedback, see more pictures of it in use!

Archived