Opti-Seal over NXT?

talex26

I was wondering if OS would bond properly over Meg's NXT. I have one month old NXT on my car and it looks good but would like to enhance, prolong and protect it with OS.

I was reading about bonding issues with some sealants, particularly oils, and although OS seems to be forgiving with layering over many products I read where NXT contains oils and clay and was concerned about OS bonding properly over NXT. I know OS is fine over caranuba but how about NXT? Anyone try that yet or think it would be a problem? :)

I was wondering if OS would bond properly over Meg's NXT. I have one month old NXT on my car and it looks good but would like to enhance, prolong and protect it with OS.

I was reading about bonding issues with some sealants, particularly oils, and although OS seems to be forgiving with layering over many products I read where NXT contains oils and clay and was concerned about OS bonding properly over NXT. I know OS is fine over caranuba but how about NXT? Anyone try that yet or think it would be a problem? :thumbsupup[1]:

I've done it and continue to do so without problems. I rather like the look actually.

Thanks Rik and keesue I really appreciate the feedback.

Rik I am going to experiment on the trunk with a couple of different combinations just to see the different looks.

Keesue I too think that OS with it's more shine and gloss over the NXT will look pretty awesome. Can't wait to get my order this week. What kind of QD have you been using over NXT? I've been using ONR QD mix daily and Meg's Ultimate Detailer once a week. I'll be switching to OID instead of Ultimate and trying some OCW on top to see if I like that look.

Thanks Rik and keesue I really appreciate the feedback.

Rik I am going to experiment on the trunk with a couple of different combinations just to see the different looks.

Keesue I too think that OS with it's more shine and gloss over the NXT will look pretty awesome. Can't wait to get my order this week. What kind of QD have you been using over NXT? I've been using ONR QD mix daily and Meg's Ultimate Detailer once a week. I'll be switching to OID instead of Ultimate and trying some OCW on top to see if I like that look.

I just received OPT QD and like it alot. I also have a collection of QDs but OPY QD ranks at the top. I always like using OPT products. They just work.

• 2 years later...

Archived