Opti Glass Pro

mafol

Hi,

Need help on applying Opti Glass Pro. Does anyone here can give me a tip? How does it differ from Opti Glass (consumer)? How will I remove it if I got it all wrong during application or would just like to remove it for whatever reason somewhere down the road? Also, where else can I use it besides glass? Seems I will have a lot of excess. Can I use it on paint and serve as a non-permanent coating?

Marc

Can get it from a different source. I don't know how they got it. Seems legit because he is also selling other Optimum products. :) Help anyone?

it installs the same as the consumer version. as long as the glass is prepped properly and perfectly clean of any and all contaminants, you shouldn't have any issues. keep a close eye on it during application and knock down any visible high spots. the glass will look just like glass when the high spots are gone. that means it's on right. just don't touch it for a while after installation.

whomever sold you that should not have. nothing personal, but there is a authorized installer system in place for a reason.

Builthatch,

Thank you for your information. If there is an available Opti Glass Consumer, I would have bought it. Sad to say there is none. This is the only one available. If I may ask for your advise should I just use Opti Coat 2.0 on my windows and windshield or it would still be better to use the Opti Glass Pro? Which one would be easier to apply on my windshield?

Marc

Builthatch,

Thank you for your information. If there is an available Opti Glass Consumer, I would have bought it. Sad to say there is none. This is the only one available. If I may ask for your advise should I just use Opti Coat 2.0 on my windows and windshield or it would still be better to use the Opti Glass Pro? Which one would be easier to apply on my windshield?

Marc

you are welcome. OPT does have a consumer version though; 60cc for about $80.

both are equally easy to apply on glass however i personally would not recommend Opti-Coat on any vehicle's front windshield or rear (if there is a rear wiper). it's more susceptible to wiper abrasion when installed on glass than Opti-Glass and apparently there is a slight chance for distortion, though i've never seen that in person. the technology for Opti-Glass is particularly resistant to abrasion and damage from road wash/debris (impact resistance), thus, it's truly ideal for windscreen and rear windows with wipers. for side glass, however, 2.0 is just fine. either one is fine for side glass, really.

Builthatch,

I'm from Asia and it would be uneconomical to purchase on-line abroad. Got my Opti Coat. I'm still thinking if I will purchase the Opti Glass Pro. Whew! Once I applied Opti Coat, my Opti Seal and 1gal of Optimum Car wax would be put to waste. tsk tsk...

Archived