Optiwax first coat didnt go well

chadwi

I just washed a new truck with the No Rinse wash and it worked phenomenal! I also tried the Optiwax on the hood and was disappointed. I didn't get any slickness from it. It felt as if it wasn't waxed. I'm used to Mequires so I'm not sure if this product is quite a bit different. Do you have any suggestions or do I already need to clay the hood? The truck only has 1000 miles on it. Thanks for your help! I look forward to my next attempt!

We do much work to new cars, and to answer your question, yes your car probably needs to be clayed. As for the optimum spray wax, we ahve found it easy to apply and quite durable, for added slickness try the Optimum instant detailer.

Take your hand alone and skim it across your hood, palm down. Now place a plastic baggie over your hand and skim that across the paint.

Notice any difference?

Clay within the USA is pretty much all the same due to patent laws. So Meguiars, Mothers, Auto Magic, Turtle Wax and Billy Bob's can all be used. Then see how the spray wax works for you.

Anthony

I can attest that ONR makes an excellent clay lube. (Just follow the directions on the bottle for the concentration.) I recently did both my fairly new car (an 07) and my partners neglected '91 using ONR as my clay lube and it was great.

I also give a big thumbs up to the OCW/OID combo. both products are strong on their own, but together I think they are truly amazing.

Archived