What applicator?

sal329

What should I use to apply Opti Seal? Yellow foam applicator or a MF pad? Or something else?

I used the foam applicators that came with OS and it worked just fine. I just spritzed the pad a few times and then applied OS to the paint and spread it with the foam.

Elsewhere on this forum I read Where Anthony O. was experimenting with MF but did say it required using more product because of the absorption. He also said he was rubbing it in until it disappeared instead of applying it and letting it flash and disappear as you do with foam. Perhaps there is a difference on which is best which may depend on the particular paint on you car, what other product you are applying it over, and weather conditions such as humidity.

I have seen a lot of posts on different forums regarding difficulty of application of many different products because of humidity. I have noticed myself when it is humid here in SoCal that when QD'ing with ONR as a QD that it does not wipe of as easy and that I have to be careful to wipe it thoroughly or it leaves streaks. Maybe that is why Anthony (in humid Texas) was using MF to rub OS in instead of applying and letting it flash and disappear.

I'd try foam first and if that tends to streak you are either using too much OS ( a little goes a long way) or you need to try the MF application.

What should I use to apply Opti Seal? Yellow foam applicator or a MF pad? Or something else?

These are by far my favorite applicators. Easy to grip and the applicator foam is a closed cell that doesn't absorb a lot of product. Works great with any LSP including Opti-Seal

GripApplicator.gif

When I got mine it didn't come with a foam pad :thumbsupup[1]:

I guess some online suppliers don't include them. Try a Meguiar's foam pad or some other similar pad as they are the same as what is supplied.

For a good supplier with competitive pricing and the best in low rate shipping try http://www.kleencarauto.com/ . They are really good to deal with and ship fast with a tracking number.

That pad looks interesting. Got a brand name and a link to the pad?
You bet.

It's a Viking Handi-Grip

I have only seen it locally at Auto Zone and I haven't seen it there recently.

It is available on-line from Autopia Car Care. If you order before October 3rd, and use the discount code SAVEBIG25 you will get a 25% discount on whatever you order.

Handi-Grip

Thanks guys. I have a couple bags of the Meguiars yellow foam I will try them. Charles thanks for the link to the Hand-Grip that is a nice looking pad, looks similar to the one that I got with P21S 100%

Thanks guys. I have a couple bags of the Meguiars yellow foam I will try them. Charles thanks for the link to the Hand-Grip that is a nice looking pad, looks similar to the one that I got with P21S 100%

The small yellow Meguiar's pads do the job and the only Problem I have with them is that I seem to flip one or two across the garage any time I use them. :cheese1[1]: Like you, I have a lot of them so it isn't big deal. It doesn't happen with the Handi-Gip applicators, though. :thumbsupup[1]:

The small yellow Meguiar's pads do the job and the only Problem I have with them is that I seem to flip one or two across the garage any time I use them. :P Like you, I have a lot of them so it isn't big deal. It doesn't happen with the Handi-Gip applicators, though. :thumbsupup[1]:

Glad to hear I am not the only one taht does this :cheese1[1]:

You bet.

It's a Viking Handi-Grip

I have only seen it locally at Auto Zone and I haven't seen it there recently.

It is available on-line from Autopia Car Care. If you order before October 3rd, and use the discount code SAVEBIG25 you will get a 25% discount on whatever you order.

Handi-Grip

Thanks for the link CW. I'll order a few and give them a try. Like you I have them fall and roll across the garage too so it would be nice to have something to hold on to.

Archived