Wheel Cleaning With ONR

When washing a vehicle with Optimum No Rinse, how do you guys clean the wheels and wheel wells? I did a few cars today with the ONR and had to use a hose and degreaser on the wheels in order to properly clean them well. The wheels had brake dust on them and it covered quite a lot of the wheel but it was not caked or baked onto the wheels. It just seemed to me that doing the wheels with ONR took much too long. It is not the products fault, I am sure it's mine, I just need some oppinions and help on a proper and easy/quick way of cleaning wheels with this product. I am still a bit slow while using ONR but hope to get caught up with it and move along a bit faster. Everyone says that using the No Rinse will cut back on my time quite a lot so I am hoping to achieve this. It does save time and aggrivation having to clean and set up a pressure washer, hoses, hooking up water, filling a water tank for mobile units, etc.

Thanks in advance for any oppinions, suggestions and help!

For the wheels, I use a body wash brush, (happens to be a Meguiar's that is now discontinued), for the face of the wheel, a lug nut brush for the lugnuts, a toilet brush and a cup scrubber from Wal*Mart for wheel wells. The cup scrubber also allows me to wash a good portion of the inside of the wheel. Doesn't do a great job, but it is certainly noticeable.

I would think you could accomplish the same thing with a wash mitt.

Interestingly enough, I probably end up with more water on the floor from washing the wheels and wheel wells than I do washing all the rest of the vehicle.

FWIW, I make my ONR solution with water as hot as I can stand it. I started doing this last winter to keep my hands warmer and I felt that the hot/warm water did a much better job of cleaning. I now use the hot/warm water year round.

Thanks for the tips. As for the hot water, my only problem there is getting hot water from the owner. I'd hate to have to ask to go in their home to get hot water...???

Thanks a lot for sending those links to me. I watch those two plus a few others. They cleared a few things up and is simular to what I did. I just took longer haha. As for the power clean, I didn't see this on the Optimum online store... Can I buy this stuff in 5 gallon buckets? Right now I am buying it from Castle (a local distributor) for very cheap and it works great but wouldn't mind trying this out. What is the difference between Optimums Power Clean degreaser compaired to other degreasers such as Stoners degreaser and Castle, Ardex, etc?

I have heard of people using some kind of degreaser watered down 3:1 and then adding some Stoner Trim Shine to it to clean and dress door panels, dashes, etc all in one... Anyone here do something simular? What about cleaning leather and door panels, should I buy a product just for this or degreaser diluted down quite a bit and then add Stoner Trim Shine like someone mentioned to me before?

Also, what about having a special solution with ONR diluted with water to clean interiors? I have heard of people doing this as well...

Pretty much I am just trying to figure out what materials I can start eliminating to lower my materials costs and cut time down on details as much as possible while still doing a very good job and getting great results.

Thanks for any information and suggestions!

Archived