OC 2.0 on glass

Optigk

So I've gotten comfortable in my ability to apply OC 2.0 evenly. I know it's not recommended to consumers, but I want to apply it to glass. I will do the side and rear glass first and if all works out well, the windshield. I will wash, clay, IPA wipedown, coat.

My question is: if applied to a windshield, the wipers will probably affect the coating- will this create a visibility problem?

So I've gotten comfortable in my ability to apply OC 2.0 evenly. I know it's not recommended to consumers, but I want to apply it to glass. I will do the side and rear glass first and if all works out well, the windshield. I will wash, clay, IPA wipedown, coat.

My question is: if applied to a windshield, the wipers will probably affect the coating- will this create a visibility problem?

first of all, it works fantastic for side glass, sunroofs...and rear glass too. visibility problem? i don't think so. if i recall correctly, OPT originally claimed that it is a distinct possibility that a detectable line could eventually be seen because of wiper wear on windshields rear windows (with wipers) it is, after all, susceptible to abrasion wear.

however...my take was that the coating provided such superior slickness that you would drastically cut down on your wiper usage, depending on where you live and what you drive in.

at this point though, Opti-Glass is so superior to Opti-Coat in terms of features and benefits that are specific to the windshield (and sunroofs...and rear glass if there is a wiper) that i'd just stick with the proper coating for the job.

Thanks. Is it permanent or will the wipers wear it away? I put it on the passenger side of my windshield and I really don't see much of a difference compared to the drivers side when driving in light rain today. Are the benefits more pronounced in heavier rain?

Archived