Exterior Trim and Tire Shine

Shawn F.

Well as some of you know I bought Stoner's Trim Shine that I thought would be good to use for interior and exterior dressing along with the engine compartment and tires. It seemed to work and apply fine with no sling on the tires and it's water based which I need but one problem. We had a small rain shower today and it streaked all down the paint and came right off very easily and the trim then looked like crap. I need to find some kind of trim and tire shine for tires, exterior shine and engine shine that will actually last and NOT SLING.

Any advice here on a good brand product?

Thanks!

The Opti-Bond tire dressing is a great product for professional detailers, especially when sprayed on with the appropriate tools. Tire Shine is another great dressing and also Top Of The Lines "Best Dressed".

The Stoners is really a nice product but very temporary, as you've found out.

Anthony

I am going to be ordering the Tire Gel and some instand detailer from Optimum. Someone at the mobileworks.com website by the name of Trusted (maybe he is on here too) told me about it and said the Optimum Instand Detailer works great on trim and lasts a while. I didn't see it offered here on the site but he sent me a link to a webpage that sells it and their prices are a bit cheaper than Optimum main site for some reason (not by much at all though).

Shawn

Yes the optimun instant detailer is good on all surfaces, even inside the car. We apply the opti gel diluted 1/1 with distilled water using an HVLP spray gun with a 1.4 nozzle @ 20psi. We use 3m PPS cups, so no need to clean the gun after each use, its a sealed system. We get close to 400 tires with 1 8oz cup(or 4 oz of product, so by far opti gel is the least expensive tire dressing on the market when used in this manner, We alos use it as a an engine dressing using the same gun for application, and for convertable tops as well, less than 1/2 oz will coat a 4 seater top with 2 coats. For your info trusted is Bob Donegan, a true business man, who got into detailing for it's business potential, not as a side line. Bob has done extensive research into products, and if you need credit card processing help or info he is a wonderfull resource, plus for having had the pleasure of meeting him and his crew, great bunch of detailers.

Archived