Effect of layering Opti Coat

Faraway

Hi all,

So I've finally taken the plunge and applied OptiCoat on the car. Used roughly about 12ml including double layering the bonnet and top of the boot. This morning when I woke up I was wondering if I should add a second layer on the roof of the car. Wondering what is the effect of double layering? Does it add a thicker layer of protection? Some forums seem to suggest that there's no point adding a second layer. So should I add a second layer or keep the remainder for after the first wash to see if I have missed any spots?

It provides a thicker layer. I did 2 layers on my entire vehicle and then 1 on the roof (SUV). The main reason I did 2 layers was to ensure coverage. I'm running low (have only a few CCs left), so 1 coat on the roof is enough for me. If you think you completely covered the roof, you should be fine w 1 layer IMO.

Icic... Thanks much for the info! Went ahead and applied a second layer on the roof! Felt I needed more protection from bird bombs and tree sap on the horizontal surfaces of the car. Still have about 6 cc left. Will keep that for after the first car wash a week later, to touch up any part of the car that I may have missed.

Archived