Hyper Compound

Andy White

I am working on two white cars, and have used Meguairs M105 and it didn't work as well as I had hoped. I saw the video in which Ron and Anthony did a wet sand on a Porsche, and only used the polish. Would hyper compound be what I need?

Working with a rotary machine, not a DA (I have both)

What I do is this... If I need to wetsand, I do so and hit it with 2000 by hand or whichever grit is needed and finish off with 3M's 3000 wet disks on a DA. I then clean it up, wipe dry and begin buffing with either Optimums Compound or 3M Extra cut and then move to their plain compound then polish, poli-seal, and on down the line from there. If your not wetsanding it all depends on the finish as far as scratches or swirl marks, age of the paint, etc. If in rough shape and there's enough clear to use a wool pad with some compound then do so and move down the line with your compound, polish or swirl remover, poli-seal, opti seal, wax, etc.

Everyone may have their own ways of doing this. It's whatever works for you, the easiest for you and what gets the job done correctly.

Using the polish with a wool pad will give you great results. If you are going with total correction with 0defects you will need evaluate the finish witch is hard to do with a white finish sometimes. You start to polish and all the minor defects clear up but then you see the deeper ones that were covered before.

Your 105 will take just about any thing out. use a wool pad with it. Then try a LC green or white pad with the 105. You can then got to the OPT polish and a finishing pad.

Archived