Optimum Coating on Wheels

Ron Harris

Having used the product as well I can tell you that pictures do not do justice, one has too see to appreciate. I did 1/2 of a transport truck, and after over 70,000 miles the customer is still raving about the majic bug replent, the 1/2 without the coating accululates the cadavers, while the opti coat 1/2 shed them with the slightest provocation by moisture. Once available to professional detailers it should become a new standard im thinking about detailing. Not only is it a great coating, but changes the face of detailing. Instead of removing clear to correct scratches we will in the near future coat the car with Dr. Dave's Miracle Juice(my pet name for the product), for detailers who adopt the process, it will revolutionize the way we view paint correction, and make for very happy customers.

I`d love to try this on my pet hate, the Mercury wheels on my Jag.

I realise and accept that the safe application of this particular Optimum product on paintwork is probably beyond my capabillities but sure I`d manage the wheels ok.

I applied the coating one 1/2 of one of the winter mags(cheap aftermarket mags to deal with the salt and sand of winter driving, a common practice here as winter tires are required by law) on my wifes car. So far it's easy to tell which side has the coating on it. When it rains the coated side sheds the dirt, on the other it stays dirty. I will repaort back over time, and with pics once the coating has a few months driving on them( she drives about 5000kms, or 3000 miles per month).

As for the safe application, wheels sre paintwork in most cases. unless you have as cast wheels(quite rare today) they have a claer coat just like on your car.

The product is easy to apply, but recieving proper training before doing so will help in the success of the product. SO for those waiting in the wings, your time is near, the product is great, and it should be available soon.

As for the safe application, wheels sre paintwork in most cases. unless you have as cast wheels(quite rare today) they have a claer coat just like on your car.

Yes I know that, but a cack handed application attempt on a roof or door would be far more noticable than on a wheel.

Dr.G has told me its the intention to sell only to pro detailers who`ve signed up to a program.

As a non pro, I am saying that surely even I could use it on the wheels.

Ron nor I have any date for release. That's all on Doctor G.

I can say that just when it looks like it will be released officially we discover that we want to try one more test of this or that......what people need to understand is that this is not just like releasing a wax or polish because this coating is so much more complex in all areas which is why we are leaning back on our first plan of providing training for application. I do know that Doctor G. is working on the guarantee forms last we spoke.

Just making sure that all "T's" are crossed and "i's" are dotted.

Anthony

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this in wheel in person and I can vouch that every ounce of grime came off of that wheel. After it was rinsed, the water practically rolled off the wheel. The same with the rest of that Aston:

011-1.jpg

This product is amazing.

dave.

Anthony, do you have any application videos of it on youtube?

Not as of yet......I had my video camera with me all last week and only taped about 10 minutes of video that I have not even had a chance to view yet. I keep saying I will do more videos but I just can't seem to take the time to do it.

Anthony

• 6 months later...

I would like to apologize, I did not update on the half and half wheel in time, my wife sold the car. It did perform as planned, with the treated half perfect, and easy to clean, while the standard half was like any other wheel to clean.

Also we are offering it separately for wheels only, for those customers not quite intelligent enough to get the whole car done(?????). One chrome finished wheels it is simply amazing

CIMG0478.jpg

BTW, We did the whole car, not just the wheels.

CIMG0470.jpg

Archived