New vs Old formulations...

I have a gallon of the new 'blue' ONR and a 32oz bottle of the older 'brown' formula I purchased secondhand. I have read there is no difference except colour and smell, but used both yesterday on 2 cars side by side. It appeared to me that the newer formula behaved differently on the paint - it seemed to sheet better and didnt cling to the paint in the same way as the older product. In use it seemed to perform better. Now, it was different cars with different LSP (older sealant layer on the car I washed with the new formula), and I may have been imagining it, but the newer one appeared to be easier to use as result...

Is there any performance difference, other than just colour and smell, between them? Right now I think I'll save the brown version for pre-spray mixes and wash with the blue one for better performance, unless you tell me I made the whole thing up :lol:

Many thanks

BTW - we had heavy snow last night after washing (approx 6"), and the way the complete snow blocks slid off the car this morning in 1 large sheet had a lot to do with the finish left by the ONR wash IMHO. Very impressive :thumbsupup[1]:

I have a gallon of the new 'blue' ONR and a 32oz bottle of the older 'brown' formula I purchased secondhand. I have read there is no difference except colour and smell, but used both yesterday on 2 cars side by side. It appeared to me that the newer formula behaved differently on the paint - it seemed to sheet better and didnt cling to the paint in the same way as the older product. In use it seemed to perform better. Now, it was different cars with different LSP (older sealant layer on the car I washed with the new formula), and I may have been imagining it, but the newer one appeared to be easier to use as result...

Is there any performance difference, other than just colour and smell, between them? Right now I think I'll save the brown version for pre-spray mixes and wash with the blue one for better performance, unless you tell me I made the whole thing up :lol:

Many thanks

BTW - we had heavy snow last night after washing (approx 6"), and the way the complete snow blocks slid off the car this morning in 1 large sheet had a lot to do with the finish left by the ONR wash IMHO. Very impressive :thumbsupup[1]:

Sounds like the pre-spray might be a good idea. :lol:

Maybe Anthony could give just a little more information to us.

For example:

1. Does the "enhancement" basically improve the washing performance or was it to improve all aspects of the product?

2. Would the "brown" version work just as good as the "Blue" version as a quick detailer, clay lube, wash conditioner?

3. Is all "Blue" ONR the enhanced version?

4. Is it Spring yet? :D

Yo Pikle :thumbsupup[1]:

Without stating too much, yes, there is a performance "enhancement" in the new ONR besides the color and smell but as you noted your LSP will play a role in how Optimum No Rinse works much like various car washes vs. various LSP's.

Anthony

Thanks Anthony :lol:

I'm glad I didnt dream it up - thought the numbness in my hands from water hovering at freezing point, might have gone to my brain :lol:

The new blue formula seemed to disperse on the paintwork differently - seemed to sheet more during the wash process, making drying easier. If I was going out on a limb, I might also think it left a slicker and glossier finish, but on different cars I wouldnt stake my mortgage on it.

Brown for sprays only from now on though :D

Damon

Archived