Buffing & Topping PS?

Bigpikle

I used PS for the first time today, with great results but have a few questions...

I applied it on a polishing pad on my UDM, with small amounts, and it melted into the paint as many have said, leaving no visible residue. It cleared up some light marring and left a superb finish BUT:

1. does it really need to be buffed off?

I did half the car and then went over with OCW v2 and buffed it all together to leave a superb slick finish, but does it actually need anything buffing at all?

2. I see a lot of people use OS over it, so does it need wiping off first, or do I leave it and then wipe over OS?

I left the OCW an hour or so and then topped it with OS, without any real issues but would like to be able to use it right over OS if I can.

thanks for your help.

If you put it on thin and there is just light haze here and there, you can top with OOS or OCW without buffing first. If you put it on heavy like by hand, you need to buff the excess off.

thanks - much appreciated.

99% of the panels had NO visible residue at all, but simply a super slick finish.

Think I could really get to like this stuff. It cleared up 18 months of very light wash marring and left a superb crisp flake finish :)

I used PS for the first time today, with great results but have a few questions...

I applied it on a polishing pad on my UDM, with small amounts, and it melted into the paint as many have said, leaving no visible residue. It cleared up some light marring and left a superb finish BUT:

1. does it really need to be buffed off?

I did half the car and then went over with OCW v2 and buffed it all together to leave a superb slick finish, but does it actually need anything buffing at all?

2. I see a lot of people use OS over it, so does it need wiping off first, or do I leave it and then wipe over OS?

I left the OCW an hour or so and then topped it with OS, without any real issues but would like to be able to use it right over OS if I can.

thanks for your help.

1. It may not need to be buffed out, but when you do the wiping off with the OCW, it's so easy, I would. How do you know when the residue is too much.

2. See #1 :)

I use three different methods and they all seem to work good for me.

(I) I polish with Poli Seal, wipe it off with a MF towel, then apply Opti Seal.

(II) I polish with Poli Seal and remove the residue with a spray wax and a MF towel. I happen to use Duragloss Aqua Wax.

(III) If I have time, I will apply the Opti Seal after step II.

1. It may not need to be buffed out, but when you do the wiping off with the OCW, it's so easy, I would. How do you know when the residue is too much.

2. See #1 :)

I use three different methods and they all seem to work good for me.

(I) I polish with Poli Seal, wipe it off with a MF towel, then apply Opti Seal.

(II) I polish with Poli Seal and remove the residue with a spray wax and a MF towel. I happen to use Duragloss Aqua Wax.

(III) If I have time, I will apply the Opti Seal after step II.

thanks Charles - I'm going to experiment further and try PS-OS next time, perhaps with an OID wipedown in between :)

Archived