OCW & OS - what order?

Bigpikle

I've used both a lot, but not that often together on a detail.

What experiences have people had using them together in different orders eg OCW-OS vs OS-OCW?

I like the wet gloss from OCW but really like the beading/sheeting from a couple of layers of OS. I also wonder about how long I should wait before using them over each other?

What are people's experiences and tips?

many thanks - always looking to learn from others :)

I've used both a lot, but not that often together on a detail.

What experiences have people had using them together in different orders eg OCW-OS vs OS-OCW?

I like the wet gloss from OCW but really like the beading/sheeting from a couple of layers of OS. I also wonder about how long I should wait before using them over each other?

What are people's experiences and tips?

many thanks - always looking to learn from others :)

I've always done OS first, then OCW.

i've topped OOS recently with Natty's Blue and frankly I think the 'look' took a step backwards. It wasn't a bonding issue and the OOS was cured I just think I'm partial to sealants which is great because the addiction to fancy nuba just aint in my budget.

While I haven't "topped" OOS with another product, I have never felt the need to. The OOS looks great to me on its own.

To each their own, but I think if I felt my LSP needed something added to it, I would try a different LSP. :D

well IMO the whole topper thing is - get your durability with a sealant base then add a little warm glow with a nuba. the nuba is gonna break down 1-2 months and then you can re-apply, re-layer, top it with OCW or whatever. You get my point.

BUT-when I see the OOS cured up looking like a piece of hard candy reflecting all the surroundings on my black paint I'm stoked. Then I put a nuba on it and it's just not the same.

Archived