Poli-Seal + Pad selection

I would think a finishing pad would be a good choice of using poli-seal but it seems like the grey lake country pads just eat up all the product and it ends up all over the backing plate and the velcro part of the pad. When I use a white pad this doesn't happen. Of course the white pad might sacrifice a little of the gloss.

what do you guys think?

This applies to situations where all I'm doing is the AIO then followed by additional LSP.

Guest Driven Auto Detail

Personally, if I'm using PS as a one-stepper, I use a polishing pad. If I didn't want any correction, I'd go with a true finishing polish (ie - Optimum Finish) and a finishing pad. The purpose of a one-stepper, IMO, is to do some correcting and some protecting. That's why I like using a polishing pad.

While I have never used Poi-Seal with anything but a polishing pad there might be some benefit to using a finishing pad.

You should get the chemical cleaning of the PS with very little if any abrasive effect.

I really like PS as a cleanup to remove light marring, but it wouldn't be my first choice for severe marring.

Given my limited experience with Poli-Seal, I don't think using it with a polishing pad and a light touch will abrade much paint anyway.

If I didn't need to do any correcting, I probably wouldn't use the PS. Never really considered it. Maybe I should.

Guest Driven Auto Detail
While I have never used Poi-Seal with anything but a polishing pad there might be some benefit to using a finishing pad.

You should get the chemical cleaning of the PS with very little if any abrasive effect.

I really like PS as a cleanup to remove light marring, but it wouldn't be my first choice for severe marring.

Given my limited experience with Poli-Seal, I don't think using it with a polishing pad and a light touch will abrade much paint anyway.

If I didn't need to do any correcting, I probably wouldn't use the PS. Never really considered it. Maybe I should.

It all depends on how soft the paint is. Check out the pics below. Look at all the marring in the first pic and then look at the perfect finish of the second pic. I used PS, a finishing pad, and the flex DA. The paint was pretty soft so PS had no problems cleaning up that marring. Now, on harder paint that would not have been possible.

You can even see my bottle of PS in the background of the second pic.

IMG_3869.jpg

IMG_3871.jpg

thank for the replies everyone. I'm on my 2nd bottle actually in less than a year's time so I've used it on plenty of cars. I've also gone through a couple quarts of Menzerna in the same year and I just do details on the side and more of a hobby.

Up until recently I always used a polishing pad so I guess I need to get back to what works. It seems to soak up just the right amount of poli-seal and it doesn't bleed into the backing plate.

Thanks again!

Archived