Corvette

My brother has just acquiered a low mileage 2002 'Vette and wants me to polish it. It will be my first experience with a glass car and I wanted to know if there are any special considerations.

Anyone have any knowledge of the paint? Although the car has sat a lot and is low mileage, it has been improperly washed and has the cobwebs that usually result. I will, of course, begin with the least aggressive polish etc., but just wondered if anyone has any direct experience with this type vehicle. Thanks.

The clear on the Corvette is very hard. You can try least aggressive to more agressive if you want, but If it were me I would skip right to and Orange LC pad and maybe Menz SIP or Megs M105. Do you have a rotary or a PC?

The clear on the Corvette is very hard. You can try least aggressive to more agressive if you want, but If it were me I would skip right to and Orange LC pad and maybe Menz SIP or Megs M105. Do you have a rotary or a PC?

Thanks for the reply. I have both machines but neither polish. I've heard a lot about M105 recently. Is there an Optimum product that is similar?

I *think* that the new formula Optimum Polish and Compound works great on Corvette clear.

105 is definitely recommended but I'm not sure the finish needs it. It is for heavy correction.

I *think* that the new formula Optimum Polish and Compound works great on Corvette clear.

105 is definitely recommended but I'm not sure the finish needs it. It is for heavy correction.

Nagyon köszönöm. I don't think I'll have much trouble working it out. I don't have much of a deadline, so experimenting with what I have should provide a solution.

Nagyon köszönöm. I don't think I'll have much trouble working it out. I don't have much of a deadline, so experimenting with what I have should provide a solution.

I actually just did a 2000 Corvette with the same notoriously hard clear. Hyper Compound + Wool pad did an excellent job of releveling the surface. Then I chased out the haze from the wool pad with a combo of Optimum Compound and Polish via white foam. Finished with Poli-Seal via blue foam, then topped with Opti-seal and the car was slick as can be!

2vkjc3p.jpg

10cqadf.jpg

ve0xev.jpg

2lvijcj.jpg

I actually just did a 2000 Corvette with the same notoriously hard clear. Hyper Compound + Wool pad did an excellent job of releveling the surface. Then I chased out the haze from the wool pad with a combo of Optimum Compound and Polish via white foam. Finished with Poli-Seal via blue foam, then topped with Opti-seal and the car was slick as can be!

Thanks. Looks great. I've got all that stuff. I think he's bringing it down to me next week.

Some time ago I used the Compound and a black finishing pad on a black vette with the hard clear and I was very surprised at how the finish came out.

I worked the product a bit longer than usual and it left me with a clear, bright and highly polished surface and removed all but the deepest marring.

Try some "odd" combos first....meaning try some mild combos that you wouldn't normally think about and see how they work.

Anthony

Some time ago I used the Compound and a black finishing pad on a black vette with the hard clear and I was very surprised at how the finish came out.

I worked the product a bit longer than usual and it left me with a clear, bright and highly polished surface and removed all but the deepest marring.

Try some "odd" combos first....meaning try some mild combos that you wouldn't normally think about and see how they work.

Anthony

Thanks, I'll try and report back with what I did when the time comes. My bro' is notoriously inconsistent in what he says and does. He may even trade or sell the car before I get my hands on it. But for now I'm looking at next week.

Nagyon szívesen!

Tell me about your results!

Archived