Freedom One

Shawn F.

I was on Mobileworks.com and saw a new product that is supposedly good called Freedom One. They are an "Eco Friendly" product and supposed to have the waterless wash solution like Optimums No Rinse. I may try a sample out and see how it works but was wondering what you guys think. The guy PM'd me about it and seems like a big time sells person. I asked him about it and the response I got was a little bit like a commercial saying that it's the best, I really need to use it, etc. One of the quotes I got was: "thats just it.... our product is 1 step , wash and wax , slickness is beyond whatever you have used... ". Another was: "Brother let me tell you, we are in the works of making the FINEST waterless car wash for body shops only that you have EVER seen..... Also needless to say, our eco-friendly waterlessproducts rule the streets .....".

Now some may say it's ok but to me, when I talk to a company about a product, if it sounds like they are trying to tell me it's the best and they sound like a commercial and treat me like I am an idiot and will buy anything, then I usually am not impressed. I like the more "friendly" approach where they can say "here try a sample, see for yourself how you like it" and let the product do the talking. That's just me. I am not talking bad on the company, just giving my first impression on it even though I have not even talked to the guy in person which I plan to do soon.

One thing he PM'd me on was because someone in the forums asked about going waterless. I told them about Optimum No Rinse and to follow it up with Optimum Spray Wax when drying all in two steps (wash and wax/dry). He said their product wash's and waxes in one because the slickness is beyond anything I will use. Slickness and an actual wax protecting coating are two different things. I dont use wax for it's gloss and slickness, I use it for a UV protectant. I sometimes wonder if some companies just make and sell a product or if they are big car enthusiasts as ourselves and actually do the work on vehicles as a living and KNOW what a vehicles paint needs?...

Anyways, please feel free to post your oppinions, comments and suggestions. And please dont take this in a negative way, I am NOT bashing the company at all!

Yes freedom makes a good waterless wash, is it the best? That can only be decided by the user, just like any product it's the consumer that decides. Yes they are a little over the top with there presentation(see spamming, they have all but taken over Mobileworks, a shame ).

Yes a good waterless wash is both fast, and efficient, but must be used in the right hands. Until David comes out with one that is up to par, I will continue to make and use my own, but as anyone who knows me, if a better product exists I will find it and use it, I am only loyal to my family, not suppliers.

Have you tried their product Yvan? If so then did you like it? When you say you make your own, do you combine different products or do you completely make your own?

Thanks!

Shawn

Yes I have tried Freedom, and it's a good product.

I make my own from scratch, not a mixture of other products.

Thanks for the info Yvan, I will give it a try and see how it works out. I am that same as you, I am not loyal to only one brand or company and I am always up for trying something new when I have the money to do so. I am happy with Optimum No Rinse but again, I will try something new.

Oh well if that's the case then I will stick to my Optimum product. I need something with the bucket and water still because I still do a lot of semi dirty vehicles that really need to be hit twice with No Rinse.

...I still do a lot of semi dirty vehicles that really need to be hit twice with No Rinse...

One hit with ONR is a strange misconception in people's heads. I hear quite a lot of complaints when people say man, this was too dirty, because the drying towel was dirty too after drying...

I always ask "How many times did you wash the panel?". They always say "once, why?".

"Well, you have to wash the panel until it's entirely clean!" This is an amusing moment of semi-matte eyes, but when the bulb lights up (somewhat slowly) overhead, they get the concept.

So, wash the panel until it's clean. Wash, rinse the mitt, wash again, rinse, wash again, rinse the mitt again, change the mitt as needed - and when it's finally clean, dry it. The drying towel should be absolutely clean! If you need additional slickness, mix in some OID as Ron said. If you want to do a normal QD routine, also fine.

I sold Freedom One a few years ago. Both versions, i fell in love with the improved version, as it was quite a good product. Smelled good, user friendly, cleared out well, non streaking and just did a great overall job. Was priced well also. Then the compaony moved to WA and customer service kind of fell through the loops for about a year.......

I discontinued selling it, pushed the Optimum NRWS and ID&GE, and have never looked back, Optimum makes stellar products, customer service philosophy matches my companies, and theres no BS. Products are top notch for both beginner and novice.......

To answer your question though, the product is pretty good if you can get past the sales pitches......

That's my problem, the sales pitches and them taking over Mobileworks.com!!! I cant stand a company that will sell you anything and everything which I understand it is what they want to do but not in that type of way saying that their product is the best and noone can even touch it. We will see. When I have extra money around I will try it out (unless they let me try a sample). Other wise I am 100% happy with my Optimum No Rinse and every other Optimum product.

Yeah too bad for that. I like the guys at Mobileworks.com but it seems like they are doing the major advertising and it's a big place for everyone to come advertise their products and services. It's fine to have ad's and their own forum for it but not to cloud the entire place up with "use my product" or "go to my website", etc etc. Again though, nothing bad on the product or the message boards, there are a bunch of great guys there that go out of their way to help people out.

ShawnF I am a reseller of various car products so I too tried Freedom Waterless to see how it would compliment my product line. I agree with Patrick, the product is pretty top notch, but in the end I go back to ONR since, to me, I think it works better and offers the customer a more economical choice for their "waterless" needs. Of all of the "waterless" items out there (Chemical Guys-One,Freedom etc...) I really don't see how they claim one bottle will do several cars. If the car is fairly dusty, it takes quite a bit of solution to suspend the dirt/dust/debris and in the end I always seem to go through at least half of a bottle for an average car.

One product they do have that I really like was their water based dressing. The smell was awesome...almost drinkable with the right adult beverage mixer :) and completely non-greasy.

Sounds good, I appreciate the info on it then. I will save my money and stick to what I use and have now and that's the ONR and Optimum polishes and dressings. Hell I think just about everything I use is Optimum now besides some 3M products and Stoner.

Shawn,

Product and development and research should be part of your overall plan and sometimes that means buying different products to try out for yourself. I haven't bought the Freedom line yet but I plan to try it out soon.

Stoners is looked down on by many professionals because they sell retail but I tried some of their products and now use some as our go to products. You don't find too many pros recommending them on forums but our testing shows some of their products to be the best for the cost.

The best engine cleaner we found is Oil Eater at Schucks which I've never found on any forums either but it's the best we've used after testing over 30 products. It also works on carpets and the price for one gallon (no shipping needed) is $9.95 which makes 5 - 10 gallons diluted.

The bottom line is you have to test and use what works for you at a cost you can accept and ONR is very low cost but not 100% waterless. Freedom is warterless but costs too much for me on a mass production scale but maybe a good deal for high end country club cars that must be done 100% waterless ?

Bob, thanks for the info! You always have very good information and suggestions and it seems that you look at things in a way that I do as far as production costs and keeping everything to a minimum. As for Stoner products, I love their stuff even though I only use a few things from them now because I have cut a lot of material costs and such down. Stoners customer service is top notch. I went onto their site and gave my reviews on their products and they emailed me saying thanks (manager did) and he sent me a bunch of free samples (big ones too) of their waxes, sealant, polish, car soap, etc etc. Their sealant and wax and such is great but the only thing I didn't like about it is the amount you have to use to do one car. The only time I use their sealant instead of Optimum Opti-seal is when I have a car for more than a day, I will put Stoner Polish/Sealant on and let it sit over night, next mourning, take it off, apply one more coat and take it off. I am not sure how it compares to Opti-Seal but it seems to do fine if you have a lot of time with the car.

Archived