PS removal question

lee

Can I apply Poli-Seal to the entire side of a vehicle before removing instead of removing section at a time this would speed up the process / will be applying by hand.

thanx

I did exactly that last time, although by machine mostly, and had no issues at all :)

As long as it's not in the direct sun light I do not see why not... I usually use a buffer on lowest setting with polishing pad (black Lake Country pad) and it works great and I do panel at a time. That seems to work out best and easiest for me.

• 4 months later...

We usually apply PS to the entire vehicle first, then follow-up with removal using OID sprayed on to a MF towel. Using this removal method allows you to not have to worry about how long you left the PS on the paint, whether it's in the sun or shade etc. You can also use this same method using OCW. Granted, OCW is a little more costly than OID, but you have a better chance of 100% coverage this way. Just in case you missed a spot with the PS.

I use Waterless Wash and Carnauba Wax product from Justin at Obsessive Detail to final wipe the haze off from the Poli-Seal. Works great and adds even more gloss and protection with the wax in it. The stuff smells and acts just like OID mixed with the wax and No Rinse and might be who knows, all I know is I bought a small bottle from Justin and used the heck out of it already.

Archived