Optimum Gloss-Coat

Ron Harris

Yes it does.  This is straight from Optimum. 'Optimum Gloss-Coat™ provides better scratch and mar resistance, better UV resistance, better chemical etch resistance, and has better release properties than any other consumer product while providing unsurpassed gloss and slickness. "

• 3 months later...

I just finished my gloss coat yesterday.  It was hard to see the flashing due to the poor lighting in my garage, but I'm confident I covered it all completely.  I went over the roof and hood a second time to make sure I had decent coverage.

In a video, it was said to opti-seal it after 8 hours to protect it during the full cure.  He said it will shed the opti-seal within a week.

Does that mean that using opti-seal is pointless after it's fully cured, or does it only shed it during the initial curing phase?

42 minutes ago, gsgleason said:

I just finished my gloss coat yesterday.  It was hard to see the flashing due to the poor lighting in my garage, but I'm confident I covered it all completely.  I went over the roof and hood a second time to make sure I had decent coverage.

In a video, it was said to opti-seal it after 8 hours to protect it during the full cure.  He said it will shed the opti-seal within a week.

Does that mean that using opti-seal is pointless after it's fully cured, or does it only shed it during the initial curing phase?

Well, using Opti-Seal as a topper isn't exactly pointless because it will keep being shed, you would just need to reapply weekly.  Same goes for Optimum Car Wax.  The Opti-Seal in this case is insurance while the coating is curing.  The best topper is Hyper Seal, which can be used in place of Opti-Seal now!   https://www.opticoat.com/product/opti-coat-hyper-seal-16-oz/

• 9 months later...
On 6/30/2021 at 6:41 PM, gsgleason said:

Only needs one hour before Opti-Seal application.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm looking to get  some 16X16 pearl weave MF towels to wipe down an application of gloss coat. Approx how many towels would I need to do a smaller 4 door car? How do I know when it is time to fold or move to a new towel when wiping down? Thanks!

are you talking about leveling after application?  I think 1 towel is enough, you're not taking Gloss-Coat off so not absorbing product (if you are, you're using way too much). Gloss-Coat flashes so quickly, some use the applicator sponge for leveling.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 10:33 PM, Pbranson said:

I'm looking to get  some 16X16 pearl weave MF towels to wipe down an application of gloss coat. Approx how many towels would I need to do a smaller 4 door car? How do I know when it is time to fold or move to a new towel when wiping down? Thanks!

I only need one Pearl weave towel to level Gloss Coat. 

I have the same blue nozzle tip from my first syringe in 2017, and the same blue foam applicator.  I can wash and reuse it after every coating application.  That is one of the many reasons I only use Gloss Coat for a ceramic coating option. 

On 6/27/2023 at 1:39 PM, Pbranson said:

Yes, just leveling off. Makes sense given the small amount applied. I was reading about how I will need a bunch of towels to wipe off hyper polish and figured I should ask before I place a towel order :)

Try playing with how much you squeeze the trigger of Hyper Polish.  Once I backed off on the amount of product on the pad, wipe off is a dream. 

I use the 365 from The Rag Company to remove HP. 

• 11 months later...