Optimum Gloss-Coat

Ron Harris

Ok so I went through the pain staking process of cleaning and applying gloss coat. Then this morning I open the doors and realized I forgot to apply the inside of the car door paint. Meaning when you open it, the parts of the interior door that have the paint on them. In particular I’m worried I didn’t get the edge of each door.

Before I have a meltdown can someone tell me if they don’t coat that area, that it’s not like it protects the edges from chips, and I don’t need to worry? 

2 hours ago, Billium said:

Ok so I went through the pain staking process of cleaning and applying gloss coat. Then this morning I open the doors and realized I forgot to apply the inside of the car door paint. Meaning when you open it, the parts of the interior door that have the paint on them. In particular I’m worried I didn’t get the edge of each door.

Before I have a meltdown can someone tell me if they don’t coat that area, that it’s not like it protects the edges from chips, and I don’t need to worry? 

Ok I couldn’t just leave it and went back just to do the gloss coat on the door jambs and such. Driving around and thinking about how I didn’t do it right didn’t sit well with me. I’m hoping this is all going to make cleaning that area much faster anyway.

It should make cleaning easier, but no other reason to coat interior paint.  I always use Hyper Seal (or Ultra) on interior door panels and that should be sufficient.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2024 at 3:49 PM, Billium said:

My boss has us do this on his cars, but I usually use  Car Wax or Opti-Seal.  I'll use Hyper Seal on them for customers buying Gloss Coat. 

• 3 weeks later...