Well good evening . . .

. . . one and all!

Long time lurker, first time poster! With the amount of information and advice I've gained from this forum I thought it was time to actually say hello.

I'm Adam, from Norfolk in the UK. I've always liked a clean car but in the early days only knew of the soap, bucket and sponge method! I think in my years of cleaning I've probably done more harm to paint than good overall . . .

Like most, got a 'new to me' car and thought I might look into how to look after this one properly and down the rabbit hole I went! I joined detailing forums, watched YouTube and ended up buying the pressure washer, the 3 buckets, the wheel soaps, paint soaps, glass cleaners, mitts for one part of the car, mitts for other parts, the list goes on and on . . . I think I washed my car twice with all this stuff and loved the results.

Shortly after these first initial cleans I was diagnosed with a genetic respiratory condition that seriously hampered my ability to carry out tasks like car cleaning and getting about but I still loved having a clean car. I thought that was going to be an end to me cleaning my own car.  Then I started to wonder if there was an easier, more efficient way to get the same results but took less effort to do and set up, and if I had to stop halfway through it wouldn't cause any damage to surfaces.

I did my research and came across ONR, and about the whole Optimum Synergy, and thought what a great system! I found this forum and started working my way through the products section, post by post - one of the most informative and polite forums I have ever come across! I was sold, so an order for ONR, BRS, Opti Bond and Spray Car Wax was made and since then I've never looked back. None of these chemicals set off my respiratory condition, I can do a panel a day, or the whole car, which ever suits me with very minimal setup time and all with very few chemicals.

Anyway, that's my story, looking forward to getting involved further with this forum and finding out more about polishing as that's still something I'm yet to try,  but itching to have a go at!

Welcome to Optimum - we take great pride in our Eco Friendly products and I'm asked frequently how safe they are.  We have a strong international contingent and always appreciate the diversity (though we do sometimes get lost in conversion tables - liters to gallons, etc).

Edited by Ron@Optimum
correction

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 10:19 PM, LostVulpine said:

. . . one and all!

Long time lurker, first time poster! With the amount of information and advice I've gained from this forum I thought it was time to actually say hello.

I'm Adam, from Norfolk in the UK. I've always liked a clean car but in the early days only knew of the soap, bucket and sponge method! I think in my years of cleaning I've probably done more harm to paint than good overall . . .

Like most, got a 'new to me' car and thought I might look into how to look after this one properly and down the rabbit hole I went! I joined detailing forums, watched YouTube and ended up buying the pressure washer, the 3 buckets, the wheel soaps, paint soaps, glass cleaners, mitts for one part of the car, mitts for other parts, the list goes on and on . . . I think I washed my car twice with all this stuff and loved the results.

Shortly after these first initial cleans I was diagnosed with a genetic respiratory condition that seriously hampered my ability to carry out tasks like car cleaning and getting about but I still loved having a clean car. I thought that was going to be an end to me cleaning my own car.  Then I started to wonder if there was an easier, more efficient way to get the same results but took less effort to do and set up, and if I had to stop halfway through it wouldn't cause any damage to surfaces.

I did my research and came across ONR, and about the whole Optimum Synergy, and thought what a great system! I found this forum and started working my way through the products section, post by post - one of the most informative and polite forums I have ever come across! I was sold, so an order for ONR, BRS, Opti Bond and Spray Car Wax was made and since then I've never looked back. None of these chemicals set off my respiratory condition, I can do a panel a day, or the whole car, which ever suits me with very minimal setup time and all with very few chemicals.

Anyway, that's my story, looking forward to getting involved further with this forum and finding out more about polishing as that's still something I'm yet to try,  but itching to have a go at!

Welcome to the forum, Adam! Great to have heard your story!

welcome

i  started with optimum 3 years ago and love it 

the polishing is easy with optimum spray compound and polish at  slow speeds this is what gets amazing results  take your time you dont need a  expensive machine. having experience with power tools helped me and this form.  the gloss coat is amazing it helps keep the car clean and get there onr on the car . good luck and have fun large.596a93082c55b_elementwaitimgtowaxIMG_20170715_180110027.jpg.549c4e593ea60b28b56d3fef6c3bdc5c.jpg