HYPER SEAL - ULTRA CERAMIC SEAL TEST

Ron@Optimum

8 hours ago, Setec Astronomy said:

What kind of prep did you do between the polish and Hyper Seal?  Any kind of wipe down?

Nothing. I went straight from Hyper Polish to Hyper Seal. 

This morning my Mom was in the area having a dental procedure, so we did Mothers day today and it rained.  I got to see the old Hyper Seal on the roof, and it's still up there kicking backsides.  

Yesterday I was testing Ultimate Polish to see how Car Wax and Hyper Seal behaved with all those polishing oils Ultimate Polish is known for. Everything look great today, but who knows for how long. Select panels were treated with a spray and wipe with ONR before applying protection.  Ultimate is still one of my favorite polishes, but I tend to only use it in conjunction with theirs or Duragloss protection products - only because others have said things about Meguiar's products and their trade secret oils interfering with some protection products of other manufacturers. I think I might be getting too far in the weeds with this, but I do know that using the Opti polishes will give the best possible results. 3D also seems to play very well with Optimum protection products. 

On 5/11/2024 at 3:30 PM, Setec Astronomy said:

I haven't done a routine polish on my cars in forever, that sounds almost too easy to use Hyper Polish and then go straight to Hyper Seal.  Thanks!

My pleasure!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2024 at 2:18 PM, dlc95 said:

Nothing. I went straight from Hyper Polish to Hyper Seal. 

This morning my Mom was in the area having a dental procedure, so we did Mothers day today and it rained.  I got to see the old Hyper Seal on the roof, and it's still up there kicking backsides.  

Yesterday I was testing Ultimate Polish to see how Car Wax and Hyper Seal behaved with all those polishing oils Ultimate Polish is known for. Everything look great today, but who knows for how long. Select panels were treated with a spray and wipe with ONR before applying protection.  Ultimate is still one of my favorite polishes, but I tend to only use it in conjunction with theirs or Duragloss protection products - only because others have said things about Meguiar's products and their trade secret oils interfering with some protection products of other manufacturers. I think I might be getting too far in the weeds with this, but I do know that using the Opti polishes will give the best possible results. 3D also seems to play very well with Optimum protection products. 

Wow no panel prep?  Polish, wipe off and then Hyper Seal?  Impressive.