Hyperseal on new car?

I have ONR and hyperseal already.  I’m leasing a new car and have driven it about 50 miles to get home. 

Since I don’t own the car I don’t want to invest in having someone else do a paint correction and ceramic coating.

What’s the recommendation? Is it to just do hyperseal, onr then hyperseal when dry, buy opti coat or gloss coat and put that on after a wash and use hyper seal after?

Thank you!

I have been using gloss coat for years it really makes if easier  to wash and  the car will even shine through  dirt. Its probably cheaper  to gloss coat  the car and just onr wash. Nothing shines better than gloss coat alone I have tried all optimum  products.  When you return the car it will look great . 

What makes the paint really shine is polishing I think people  here would agree.  You can put any of these products  on your car it will look better  but on top of paint  that's been decontaminating and polished is s real game changer.  In my opinion  if you go to this much work you might as well gloss coat  the car  it takes no time compared to polishing. You have to buy a machine ,pads, and stick with optimum  polish it will just make it easier.  You will then be able to polish any car you own .  You dont have to be like me  and topper the gloss coat with everything  lol.  Just onr and maybe a drying  aid optimum instant detailer.  

For the interior  you can use onr then optimums  interior  cleaner  a very nice mat like finish 

I agree with Habs, Gloss-Coat is your best option.  Use Hyper Seal as a topper to maintain the Gloss-Coat (not before, you'd have to remove Hyper to coat). For interior I agree with Protectant Plus for cleaning/protecting (though ONR is a nice interior cleaner as well).  For coating we recommend Opti-Seal vs Hyper Seal - HS can make surfaces slick. 

Apologies for all the questions.

i don’t have a polisher and was hoping to avoid it.

in the case of not polishing would you still just onr the outside, perhaps skip the fine clay if not polishing and then do clear and then the hyperseal? In that case all i need is to buy the coating. If I need to still clay or do anything else if I’m not polishing please let me know. And I assume that’s the coating to pick.

for the inside, no hyper seal because it’s too slick.  Got it. Just the protectant? Don’t ceramic coat etc inside?

Only clay if necessary, for Gloss-Coat a good ONR wash should be fine.  Top with Hyper Seal to protect while GC is curing.  Do not Coat your interior, only Protecant Plus and/or Opti-Seal.  Also, ONR is a solid interior cleaner.  Your car should look great with this process!

1 hour ago, Ron@Optimum said:

Only clay if necessary, for Gloss-Coat a good ONR wash should be fine.  Top with Hyper Seal to protect while GC is curing.  Do not Coat your interior, only Protecant Plus and/or Opti-Seal.  Also, ONR is a solid interior cleaner.  Your car should look great with this process!

@Ron@Optimum one last thought - is ferrex or a decontam necessary before applying gloss coat if I don’t clay or polish?

I can't know the condition of the car, but if it's new, then FerreX/decontamination is probably not necessary. Wash the car well and check for contamination (put a sandwich bag on your hand and run it over the paint - there will always be some bumps, but if it's a lot, clay it).  FYI, FerreX makes a good clay lube, Killing 2 birds with 1 product.

On 6/18/2024 at 7:52 AM, Billium said:

@Ron@Optimum one last thought - is ferrex or a decontam necessary before applying gloss coat if I don’t clay or polish?

If you don't clay/polish, I would at a minimum do chemical decon process. 

1. ONR wash

2. Power clean 3:1 and let dwell for a few minutes, then wipe over car with ONR damped towel. Rinse off

3. Ferrex and let dwell for a few minutes, then wipe over car with ONR damped towel. Rinse off

4.   Mineral deposit remover. This one you have to wipe on with microfiber towel or applicator.  Apply on a slightly damped surface (to allow towel/applicator some lubrication),  let dwell for a few minutes, then wipe over car with ONR damped towel. Rinse off.

*Personally though I don't feel  step 4 is all that important (in my environment and experience). 

5. Paint Prep. Spray and wipe with clean microfiber towel 

6. use your Choice of Wax/Sealant/Coating.

I personally use Hyper Seal if I don't plan on coating the vehicle

Finished the interior up. So only exterior left. And I think it makes sense to get windows tinted before doing the exterior.

For exterior, I would be skipping MDR and paint prep given how new the car is, (it’s never seen rain) and hope the other chemicals will be enough.

Steps:

1. pressure wash with onr solution

2. power clean spray on for a few minutes then rinse it off

3. ferrex then rinse it off…if I feel the need I might use clay towel but rather not

4. ONR then dry

5. Gloss coat then wait an hour

6. hyper seal

Do y’all think this is the right order or anything you would change short of adding new chemicals? :)