Prefoam resistance of Ultra Ceramic Seal

Greetings to all!

This time around (first time "car-carer") I opted out of proper ceramic coating and instead decided to go with Ultra Ceramic Seal. Applied it, all good. My washing method is prefoam on public car wash (using IK 12 Pro and my foam) and then finish off with ONR in my garage. My choice of prefoam are CarPro Lift for cleaning washes and CarPro Reset for maintenance washes (foams great 1:200 in IK).

My question here is - what is considered safe for UCS? CarPro Lift is 12ph - would this strip UCS right away or it would take couple of washes? I don't mind reapplying UCS after every wash, but I want to know what to expect.

Welcome to Optimum - normal car wash products including foams should not remove a good sealant (and Ultra is an excellent sealant).  Over time any wax/sealant is reduced by washes but periodic or regular reapplication will keep you protected.

When I first stated washing my car with optimum  products I was using soap then after following this form  I stoped and went to the dark side using just onr lol.  If I was you I would skip the soap and give the paint a real good rinse with water this in my opinion is doing more for removing any loss dirt   there is no water restrictions  here so I let the water soak for a minute then rinse again . Then use your ik  sprayer and wash with onr   I use a pro ik sprayer that can be pressurized with a compressor to a bout 50 psi . Then wash the car with washmitts and onr. If your weekly washing and using the ceramic  wax it will always be there  . The only time I use soap is when i wash my wheels I mix if with powerclean  to make it stick to the surface also I do the same thing for for  decamination.   My car is gloss coated I use optimums instanced detailer ceramic wax and some times  hyperseal as  a drying aid my 15 year  car looks great  .

Hope this helps

There are many "right" ways to wash and Habs has one that works for him.  On other hand, I haven't used a hose or sprayer since introduced to ONR almost 20 years ago. I'm also not a foam fan, but my vehicles never get dirty enough to need that level of product (and I live in the South, with no winter sludge).  Defining terms, ONR is soap but without surfactants, thus not requiring rinsing. Many paths lead to a clean car, pick yours!

Those CarPro products were designed to clean ceramic coated finishes. 

They may be too strong for UCS to fight off. 

For me, I just wash with ONR 256:1. 

Honestly, the biggest reason I switched to Optimun was because of how well the products worked together. When I saw how ONR behaved on a surface that was protected with Opti-Seal is what caused me to investigate further. 

One thing you might consider - if you like to pre-foam, is do a lighter  application of Power Clean in the foamer, something like 16:1 or 2. Then wash with Optimum Car Wash or ONR. 

I'm one of those weirdos that is mesmerized by the concept of product synergy. 

17 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

FYI Ultra and Hyper Seal will not be removed by a single application of Power Clean - can't speak to CarPro but doubt their products are stronger than PC.  Power Clean is a good foamer product as well.

OP should be all set then!

Ron, thank you for the clarification. 

I'm only testing the UCS this summer, but the HS had proven to be a legitimate protectant. I'm VERY impressed with it's performance. 

I had an application snafu with my initial application of UCS. I neglected to re-read the instructions on the back of the label. It just needed to be worked in more, and applied wiyh some degree of intention. Minimal residue to buff dry, and I have a gorgeous, well protected surface. 

All that being said, Opti-Seal is still my work horse. Car Wax is my baseline, default with a paint enhancement or correction. Gloss Coat is still my favorite and thus only ceramic I offer and use personally. 

Anyways, again then you for the clarification. Gives me even more reason to use with confidence.