Leave ONR on Panel before using Hyper Polish

I saw an old video of Nick and Yvan and it was said that you can wash with ONR and leave it on the surface before you start polishing. Is that still an acceptable/recommended technique for using ONR with Hyper Polish and Hyper  Compound?

The full process being demo'ed was:

1. Power clean and rinse

2. ONR then clay towel with Ferrex.

3. Rinse

4. Quick ONR wipedown with BRS

5. Hyper Polish on the Zentool with orange pad.

• 3 weeks later...

In my experience, there is no reason to leave ONR on the panel. In fact, at least in my area/weather, the ONR ends up drying up and making a mess where I can't really even see what the heck i'm polishing or working with as a panel. Also if the Panel is wet or if the pad isn't dry enough, I always get slinging of product that ends up all over the car. 

But I would follow the advice of cleaning the pad with ONR in a bucket, then putting it on a DA polishing at high speed to dry it, before I put any Hyper Polish /compound on the pad to go at the panel. 

3 hours ago, Kiddetailer said:

In my experience, there is no reason to leave ONR on the panel. In fact, at least in my area/weather, the ONR ends up drying up and making a mess where I can't really even see what the heck i'm polishing or working with as a panel. Also if the Panel is wet or if the pad isn't dry enough, I always get slinging of product that ends up all over the car. 

But I would follow the advice of cleaning the pad with ONR in a bucket, then putting it on a DA polishing at high speed to dry it, before I put any Hyper Polish /compound on the pad to go at the panel. 

My thoughts exactly...wet panel makes the pad saturate with water too much and the polish will sling. Pad dampening with ONR is fine, infact its even recomended.