How to catch highspots with Opti-Coat pro?

Yam

I’ve applied Opti coat pro about 8 times now and I’m still having difficulty catching highspots before letting it cure.

I currently have a large mobile diffused bar light, overhead diffused bar lights, and a scangrip sunmatch.

I’m able to see the coating flash, the initial leveling of the coating where it smudges a bit and hazy holograms halos on the panel with the scangrip.

Am I going too far by trying to level the slight haze?

any other tips for catching high spots before letting it cure?

One of the vehicles I did had a massive dark high spot on the hood. I ended up polishing it off and re-coating it. In this case my process was no different than any of the other cars I had coated. 

What should I be looking out for to be confident I won’t have any high spots when I pull it out in the sun? When I inspect my leveled areas with my scangrip and see that haze (similar to what you’d see with wiped off compound), should I continue leveling or will it disappear after curing?

I've passed your question on to Don Paradis, OPT Regional Mgr who is Pro Installer - don@opticoat.com - I'm leaving for the weekend so you may need to reach out to him.  Thanks

2 hours ago, Yam said:

One of the vehicles I did had a massive dark high spot on the hood. I ended up polishing it off and re-coating it. In this case my process was no different than any of the other cars I had coated. 

What should I be looking out for to be confident I won’t have any high spots when I pull it out in the sun? When I inspect my leveled areas with my scangrip and see that haze (similar to what you’d see with wiped off compound), should I continue leveling or will it disappear after curing?

Hello Yam, please reach out to me at don@opticoat.com with your name and company name and I'll send your our Pro coatings installation guide.