ONR and ONR wash and wax for glass cleaning- streaks

I have been using ONR wash and wax in a spray bottle, diluted to detailer ratio for glass cleaning. However, it streaks if viewed under light. Comes out nice and clean if I use the Optimum paint prep to wipe it up. 

I am wondering if it is because I'm using too concentrated of a ratio (should use 6oz :1 gallon rather than Detailer ratio 8-10oz /gallon) for the Wash and wax? Or is it because Wash and wax is just a poor choice because of the wax in it, and if I used regular ONR I would have better result? 

thank you. 

On 9/13/2024 at 4:41 AM, Kiddetailer said:

I have been using ONR wash and wax in a spray bottle, diluted to detailer ratio for glass cleaning. However, it streaks if viewed under light. Comes out nice and clean if I use the Optimum paint prep to wipe it up. 

I am wondering if it is because I'm using too concentrated of a ratio (should use 6oz :1 gallon rather than Detailer ratio 8-10oz /gallon) for the Wash and wax? Or is it because Wash and wax is just a poor choice because of the wax in it, and if I used regular ONR I would have better result? 

thank you. 

I would avoid Wash & Wax for glass and no need for string dilutions. Standard 256:1 is more than enough. Also, towels might play a role. I’ve noticed new onr to be a bit streakier on glass. Bought some new Costco towels to use specifically on glass. 

I agree with Jose that ONRWW is a bit streakier on glass than ONR, but that's using them at 1:256 during a wash.

I also agree with Jose that the dilutions you are using are way too high for what you are doing.  I used to use ONR 1:256 for my general around-house cleaning, more recently I've doubled it to 1:128 (1 oz/gal) which should be plenty for glass and most anything else.

1 hour ago, Setec Astronomy said:

I agree with Jose that ONRWW is a bit streakier on glass than ONR, but that's using them at 1:256 during a wash.

I also agree with Jose that the dilutions you are using are way too high for what you are doing.  I used to use ONR 1:256 for my general around-house cleaning, more recently I've doubled it to 1:128 (1 oz/gal) which should be plenty for glass and most anything else.

Gotcha. I was using that high ratio because I’m not using it out of bucket, but just from a spray bottle and towel. 

I have some streaking as well (mostly on glass) because I have spray bottles stashed everywhere (garage, kitchen, pontoon, etc) mixed at quick detailer ratio of 8 oz/18 oz of water. I find this mix is all purpose for a variety of needs and only use the basic 1:256 for actual car washes.