Does T.A.R. "spoil" in heat over time?

ducky

I have a bottle of T.A.R. I bought several years ago. I see that the packaging has changed; this is an older style purple bottle with a black car on it. I've kept it in my garage in Texas where it has definitely experienced extreme heat and freezing cold over the past few years.

I went to use it today and some product has definitely weeped out of the sprayer. I wiped it off and applied to to the plastic/acrylic panel I was trying to clean some rubber residue off.

I let it sit for a minute, went to clean it with some Opti-Clean... and now it's a horrible sticky mess. There is white residue everywhere. I can scratch it off with my fingernails, but it doesn't seem to come off with household degreasers I have lying around.

I'm not totally sure of what this surface was treated with, and I absolutely understand that this is not the intended application, but I'm wondering if the age/temperature exposure affected the product and reduced its effectiveness and created this residue. I'm planning on buying a new bottle and I want to make sure I don't ruin another bottle of this stuff, if that's what I've done.