Hyper Seal formulation change?

4 hours ago, Setec Astronomy said:

I'm not sure that is what the OP was asking--wasn't that change made a while ago, Ron?

Opti Don stated in another thread that Hyper Seal shipped after May has improved water beading--I think maybe that is what the OP is asking about.

That is correct, Hyper Seal shipments from May on are a new formula with vastly improved water beading.

I have the newest version of hyper seal, just purchased in Sept. I've used it once so far, as a drying aid on my wife's car last week. It was visibly glossier than the  opti seal I've been using every wash for the last year. 

Then my wife took her car through a tunnel wash, because a tree leaked sap on it... it looks like the tunnel sprayed on a wax product, so I can't comment on the water beads.

My plan was to do a proper hyper seal coat with the applicator pad after this week's wash. Will "mystery tunnel LSP" prevent hyper seal from bonding? If the "migration under wax" property only applies to optimum's wax (reasonable), maybe I should wait until my fall apc, ferrex/clay towel decontamination wash before bothering with the applicator. 

The last MAJOR formula change for Hyper Seal was announced in May, 2023, but as I've mentioned, Dr G is always making small improvements to products without fanfare.  It sounds like he slipped one in on HS without announcing?

PNW, usually you can layer wax/sealants but with no idea what was applied to your wife's car I would hesitate to make promises.  Probably better to decontaminate before adding Hyper Seal, or like me, you could make Hyper Seal (or Ultra Ceramic Seal) a regular part of your maintenance program...I apply with every wash.

21 minutes ago, Ron@Optimum said:

why would you need Dr G, he's incredibly busy running a company? Frankly I was surprised he posted, normally I forward things I think he should see and that wasn't one of them.

Dont take it too serious… 🙄

I have used Opti Seal as a drying aid with every wash, and plan to do that with Hyper Seal.

It feels like one "full application" with the foam pad makes the opti seal drying aid application more effective over the following months. Is this just not necessary with HS, or are you using the foam pad every time? I wash outdoors, and the foam pad changes the workflow a bit - I have about ten seconds after drying before the leaves start accumulating!