Hyper Seal formulation change?

agree with Nathanael that the sponge applicator is best on dry surface - I see posters worrying about high spots, OPT Sealants have ceramic components but this isn't a coating, any high spots are easily removed with another pass. At worst, add a spray of sealant to your towel and the solvents with level any high spots.

2 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

new info, wax/sealants should not be applied onto foam

This is the part I'm hung up on... Or did you just mean to spray the panel and spread with the foam pad, rather than spraying into the pad first? To clarify, I'm only using the applicator when it's a dry surface, though I was priming the pad.

24 minutes ago, Nathanael said:

For drying aid, I use a waffle weave drying towel and apply 1 or 2 sprays of Hyperseal per panel. Dries really easy. After I finish I give a look around and if any high spot is there, I just wipe it away with another towel and buffs really easy. 

Thanks. This has been my method with opti seal, and I've rarely needed a second towel - so easy! Hyper seal just seems to always need the second towel. Maybe that's the tradeoff with hyper, it adds a little time and one more towel to wash. But if it makes washing easier, it's saving time and water overall. 

22 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

again I might suggest you're applying Hyper Seal too heavily if you're getting high spots/streaking. I know you said you're using the Opti-Seal bottle and that makes it easier to modulate spray quantity. 

To add, Hyper Seal when applied with foam applicator doesn't need "priming". It would be overkill. Less is more with HS.

Hi 

I have been using hyperseal for about two years now . I have tried different ways of applying. If you are going to use it at every onr wash then i would just do one small squirt per panal dry with  a waffle  weave towel. This will give you excellent shine and protection no need to apply with foam pad unless you want a real  good coat may be once  a month. Some times when I am in the mood of applying more product after drying with hyperseal I will take a very soft towel damp with onr add another squirt to the almost dry panal and polish the panal . After a few panels the soft cloth is a onr hyperseal wet towel a few wipes with this makes a nice mirror like finish.